Extra, Extra: Feds' Role in 'Occupy' Crackdown, Casting Director Is Sex Offender, Catholic Diocese Buys Crystal Cathedral
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Was the federal government involved in coordinating widespread local crackdowns on the "Occupy" movement?
- The local diocese of the Catholic church bought the Crystal Cathedral.
- It turns out a Hollywood casting director who worked with JJ Abrams — and more crucially, young children — had a record as a child molester and kidnapper.
- The city attorney plans to press charges against protestors.
- The captain of the boat Natalie Wood was on before she died admits that he was pretty trashed the night she drowned.
- The city council voted to replace the crumbling 6th Street bridge with a modern cable bridge.
- Protesting rising tuition in the state? Mark Lacter says you should blame the 52 percent of Californians who would refused to pay higher taxes to bring tuition down.
- Alright, who let the air out of the tires of an LAPD squad car?