Extra, Extra: Kidnapped Car Salesman, Free Katy Perry Concert, A Defense of Lana Del Rey
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A baby was born in Glendale at 11:11am today. The race isn't over! There's still time for someone having twins to pop out two in rapid succession at 11:11pm and put this baby to shame.
- A rainstorm moving in tonight could bring 10-12 foot waves ashore. (11-foot waves on 11/11/11 day?!! ZOMG!)
- Katy Perry's giving it away for free nowadays.
- A thoughtful take on Pacific Standard Time by the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- Is the indie music world full of shit for hating Lana Del Rey?
- A dude in Ventura took a car for a test drive — and then kidnapped his car salesman.
- UC Berkeley is attempting to address sexism in its engineering program.