Extra, Extra: Essay Writing for a Dog, Tentless at Occupy Santa Ana, and Chris Brown's Neighbors Celebrate
Today on Giving Tuesday, LAist needs your support.
Today, your donation to LAist will be matched dollar for dollar. Your tax-deductible gift that powers our reporters and keeps us independent will be felt twice as strong today, so don't delay!
- Sentencing has been delayed in the shooting death case of the honor student from a Long Beach high school who was gunned down in 2009.
- Officials in Riverside County have launched an essay contest to find new owners for a dog who was dragged by a rope attached to a pickup truck.
- Santa Ana City Council has voted to deny Occupy Santa Ana protesters permission to set up tents and camp.
- A 38-year-old woman was found hanging in her Alhambra apartment this weekend; her boyfriend is considered a "person of interest" in her death.
- Mayor Villaraigosa wants car dealers to set up shop in L.A., so he's proposing we drop some taxes.
- Chris Brown's neighbors are celebrating the fact that the recording artist has moved out of his WeHo condo.
- Fan of Bulgarini's gelato? (Yum!) They're setting up a permanent space in Culver City set to open December 1.