This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Politicians That Shoplift, Drive Drunk and Make Poor Pay More For Health Care
- Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi from the Bay Area was caught shoplifting about $2,000 in merchandise at Neiman Marcus.
- One more politico behaving badly: The state's finance director Ana Matosantos got a DUI this morning. We're going to pass on any comparison to our state's financial shape...
- 18 minutes of Titanic is now in 3D, which means they've barely gotten started.
- Luke Perry did not die, but a news sources said he did.
- Your local fishmonger (or whoever sells you fish) isn't always telling you the truth.
- Justin Bieber is taking a stand against the Senate's new copyright bill.
- The poorest in our state are going to be paying more for their medical care.