Extra, Extra: Naked Sushi Bar, a Boring Plant, and The Most Overrated Bands
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Sorry, but cross burning isn't covered under "free speech," rules judge in SLO County.
- A "naked sushi bar" coming to DTLA is trying a little too hard to stir up controversy about itself.
- Firefighters rescued two dogs from a burning home in Van Nuys.
- KCET's The Back Forty introduces us to "The Most Astonishing Boring Plant in the Mojave."
- The Occupy movement has come to UCLA.
- Speaking of Occupy, the LAPD wants to shut down the @OccupyLAPD Twitter account.
- A woman who died after suffering extensive burns was allegedly set on fire by her ex-boyfriend.
- You're dying to know: Did Coldplay make the OC Register's "most overrated bands" list?