Extra, Extra: A Graverobber, the Last Silent Film Star and Another Bryan Stow Lawsuit
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The McCourts are suing the two men charged in the Bryan Stow beating.
- Councilman Mitchell Englander says it's time for the city to drop the Arizona boycott.
- Barbara Kent, the last remaining silent film actress, died at 103.
- The Financial District is totally over the Occupy LA thing. (Were they ever into it?)
- A suspected graverobber in Rancho Palos Verdes was arrested.
- First, the Rapture was postponed, and now the Rampture has been postponed.
- A state agency is fining Edison, NextG Networks of California, Sprint Telephone and AT&T Mobility and Verizon Wireless $99 million for safety violations that the Consumer Protection and Safety Division said started a 2007 fire in Malibu.