Extra, Extra: Indio Keeps Coachella, Skid Row Loses Pot Shop and a Free Ticket Giveaway
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The shows will go on: Indio City Council voted to allow Coachella and Stagecoach to continue for at least two more years.
- Skid Row's marijuana dispensary was shuttered by city attorney.
- The Sylmar High football program was thrown into turmoil when 10 players quit the team this week.
- An Alhambra resident was voted "Most Beautiful Eyes in California" this week.
- NOAA is predicting a dry winter for the Southwest.
- Romney and Perry are vying for California Republicans' considerable cash.
- Jorge-Mario Cabrera does not accept the apology of right-wing radio hosts John & Ken.
- Win a pair of tickets to this Sunday’s LA101 Festival! With a lineup featuring The Airborne Toxic Event, Built to Spill, and Tokyo Police Club, you definitely don’t want to miss out on this. Tickets can be purchased online here. Entries must be received by October 21st, 2011 at 12pm. This contest is now closed.