Extra, Extra: Cyclops Shark, Butter-Flavored Lip Balm, and Why the Rose Parade is "Never on Sunday"
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Something you didn't realize you needed in life: Paula Deen's butter-flavored lip balm.
- Cyclops shark is likely not a feat of Photoshop!
- A Santa Ana man has pleaded guilty to setting girlfriend on fire.
- Investigators say the plane carrying pro off-road racer Rick Huseman and two others crashed while attempting an emergency landing. All three men aboard died in the crash.
- It's official: Flu season has arrived in L.A. County.
- True, R.E.M. is broken up, and Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore are divorcing, but, hey, The Stone Roses are reuniting!
- After writing about the just-named 94th Rose Queen, we read up on why in 2012 the Parade and Game will be on January 2.