This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Video shows the fiery crash that killed race car driver Dan Wheldon.
- Woman sues Chatsworth travel company, after she lost an unborn child on an unexpectedly violent turn in her trip to Africa.
- Red flags two years ago sparked the probe into Kinde Durkee fraudulent activity.
- "Animal" celebrates foie gras' last hurrah.
- Educators are not educated on how to teach legally-mandated lessons about LGBT history.
- Los Angeles Times columnist Patt Morrisson says New York Times editor and "Puppy Diaries" author Jill Abramson has a dog that's probably better educated than most American children.
- Sheriff Lee Baca admits to being out of touch with what is going on at county jails.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.