This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The Los Angeles City Ethics Commission found one of the donors to Mayor Villaraigosa's reelection campaign guilty of money laundering - and charged the donor with the highest fine possible.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer Karen O sang a cover of "Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys" for Chipotle.
- Don't worry, guys, it's supposed to cool down after today's mini-heat wave.
- Council members and food trucks will pick up the bill for tonight's art walk.
- The facade of Clifton's Cafeteria is beginning to show through.
- Los Angeles' probation chief resigned today.
- Rumor is that Starbucks could be juicing.
- Time Warner Cable is offering wi-fi in select locations throughout the city.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.