This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Take a peek inside Township Saloon, opening on Sunset where District used to be.
- The two victims of a murder-suicide that took place at a Riverside County high school yesterday have been identified.
- Will styrofoam get the ban in Hermosa Beach? We don't know yet: The City Council discussion has been postponed.
- Rocker, actress, and troublemaker Courtney Love is set to pen a memoir aimed at setting the record straight.
- Some folks in Beverly Hills are hell bent on keeping that oil well at BHHS.
- A woman convicted of murdering her husband, then cooking and eating his body parts, is seeking parole.
- Jonah Hill is headed over the hill, to a new home in the valley.
- Congrats to the winners of the Golden Pylon Awards for traffic reporting in L.A.: Sean Murphy (NBC-4), Kajon Cermak (KCRW), Scott Burt (KNX, KFWB, KOLA), Larry Barajas (KNX AM 107 and KRTH FM 101), Ryan Duggan (KRLA), and California Highway Patrol Officer Luis Mendoza (FOX 11 Morning News, Univision 34).