Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Which celebs joined in the pricey excitement last night at President Obama's fundraising dinner?
- The LAUSD says they will be rehiring hundreds of pink-slipped library aides and office clerks.
- Talk show host and comedian Ellen DeGeneres made light of her recent chest pain health scare in the monologue of the show she taped Tuesday.
- Congrats to Caltech's Prof. Jacqueline K. Barton, who has been awarded a 2011 National Medal of Science, the country's highest honor presented to scientists.
- This Sunday will mark 92-year-old Andy Rooney's last curmudgeonly commentary on TV's "60 Minutes."
- The Dodgers are asking a Delaware bankruptcy court judge to delay a hearing about a forced sale of the team.
- Need a yummy fall recipe? KCET Food has the recipe for Lemonade's Spaghetti Squash and Farro Salad.
- Here's what DWTS contestant Nancy Grace had to say about her "wardrobe malfunction" (aka nip slip) us West Coasters were spared during last night's live show.