LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Which celebs joined in the pricey excitement last night at President Obama's fundraising dinner?
- The LAUSD says they will be rehiring hundreds of pink-slipped library aides and office clerks.
- Talk show host and comedian Ellen DeGeneres made light of her recent chest pain health scare in the monologue of the show she taped Tuesday.
- Congrats to Caltech's Prof. Jacqueline K. Barton, who has been awarded a 2011 National Medal of Science, the country's highest honor presented to scientists.
- This Sunday will mark 92-year-old Andy Rooney's last curmudgeonly commentary on TV's "60 Minutes."
- The Dodgers are asking a Delaware bankruptcy court judge to delay a hearing about a forced sale of the team.
- Need a yummy fall recipe? KCET Food has the recipe for Lemonade's Spaghetti Squash and Farro Salad.
- Here's what DWTS contestant Nancy Grace had to say about her "wardrobe malfunction" (aka nip slip) us West Coasters were spared during last night's live show.