This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Authorities in Burbank are looking into multiple reports of broken glass being found in the sand of a local playground.
- Muralists in Mount Washington are finding it's not easy to get their projects done.
- The family of a 22-year-old man who died of injuries sustained when he jumped from a moving car while on drugs want their son to be remembered for his life, not his tragic death.
- Director John Singleton is prepping to make a biopic with Ice Cube about "Straight Outta Compton" rap group N.W.A.
- Westward, ho! Wurstküche's Venice location opens tomorrow at 5 p.m.
- A local newschopper caught some footage of dust devils blowin' in Bouquet Canyon.
- The City Maven says Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa wants President Obama to come see L.A. from a different perspective.