LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Rodney G. King Jr., now 46, could go to jail, if he is convicted of a DUI in Riverside County.
- A parolee got drunk, stole a boat in Long Beach and made it as far as Seal Beach before he ended running aground.
- Curbed LA found the most confusing parking spot in Los Angeles.
- Aerospace giant Northrop Grumman Corp. has plans to lay off 500 workers in its aerospace division, and most of the losses are likely to hit workers in Southern California.
- Police are searching for three Levi jeans capers, who made off with 170 pairs of jeans worth $4,000 from a store on North Victory Boulevard two weeks ago.
- Do you have a friend who is a walking encyclopedia on ________? Well, if this friend of yours lived in British Columbia, the librarians there might loan them out to the public as "living books" available for 30-45 minute appointments.
- A tipster tells us that the Spring Street Farmers Market will be making its debut on Sunday, September 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 529 S. Spring Street.