This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- How do you like this? One German state has given Facebook's "like" button das boot.
- Uh oh: Bank of America is looking to cut 3,500 jobs.
- ...So maybe now's not a good time to mention that unemployment in California is now at 12%.
- Find out why The Roger Room's Damien Windsor is saying "Suck it, San Francisco!"
- Wanna buy a clifftop Laguna Beach house that once belonged to Diane Keaton?
- Travelin' Local thinks Solvang is a trip!
- Did you catch Death Cab For Cutie at the Greek last night? See if your take is on par with the LAT review.
- A prominent Newport Beach doctor has gone missing from a hospital in Tucson.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.