LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The L.A. County Board of Supervisors approved a new interim director for the troubled child welfare agency.
- As expected, a Nigerian-American man who was a "stowaway" on a NY to LA flight, entered a plea of "guilty" in court today.
- Slate wants to know which restaurants have the worst websites.
- Chinese commuters have been given punching bags to help them cope with their rage; imagine if L.A. drivers had the same kind of thing set up along the road.
- Culver City Patch takes a look at the courageous little boy behind a backyard haven his family calls "Elijah's garden."
- Racist graffiti has residents of one Pasadena community shaken up.
- Girl at a Bar rounds up some of L.A.'s best "speakeasy-style" bars in today's HuffPo. Cheers!