This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The L.A. County Board of Supervisors approved a new interim director for the troubled child welfare agency.
- As expected, a Nigerian-American man who was a "stowaway" on a NY to LA flight, entered a plea of "guilty" in court today.
- Slate wants to know which restaurants have the worst websites.
- Chinese commuters have been given punching bags to help them cope with their rage; imagine if L.A. drivers had the same kind of thing set up along the road.
- Culver City Patch takes a look at the courageous little boy behind a backyard haven his family calls "Elijah's garden."
- Racist graffiti has residents of one Pasadena community shaken up.
- Girl at a Bar rounds up some of L.A.'s best "speakeasy-style" bars in today's HuffPo. Cheers!