Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Downtown-based The Brutique's Victor Wilde accidentally designed a jacket that can conceal a switchblade.
- Burbank residents have been told to be on the lookout after a mountain lion was spotted on the prowl between parked cars in a residential area.
- L.A.'s infrastructure is aging, and--guess what?--we can't afford to fix it.
- School news: 450 LAUSD teachers have been re-hired, yay! Some LAUSD schools went into session for the new school year, boo!
- Headline of the day, courtesy CBS2: "Giant Chicken Made Of Traffic Cones To Roost At LA Cone Company."
- Local skaters are loving a recently-renovated skatepark in Lake Forest.
- To save you the trouble of having to eat it yourself, Huffington Post Food takes readers on a tour of Denny's Tour of America menu. Mmmm!