LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Downtown-based The Brutique's Victor Wilde accidentally designed a jacket that can conceal a switchblade.
- Burbank residents have been told to be on the lookout after a mountain lion was spotted on the prowl between parked cars in a residential area.
- L.A.'s infrastructure is aging, and--guess what?--we can't afford to fix it.
- School news: 450 LAUSD teachers have been re-hired, yay! Some LAUSD schools went into session for the new school year, boo!
- Headline of the day, courtesy CBS2: "Giant Chicken Made Of Traffic Cones To Roost At LA Cone Company."
- Local skaters are loving a recently-renovated skatepark in Lake Forest.
- To save you the trouble of having to eat it yourself, Huffington Post Food takes readers on a tour of Denny's Tour of America menu. Mmmm!