This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa raised over $100k to go towards paying off his Ticketgate costs.
- NPR profiles the current Mayor of Redondo Beach.
- Take a peek inside the "Awesome Adobe" that's home to Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith and their kids.
- City Controller Wendy Greuel was one of the folks serving up 40 cent pancakes at Studio City's Du-par's this morning.
- A luxury realtor in the OC says a hacker is impersonating her and asking for money in her name.
- 12 men have been arrested as part of a prostitution sting in Pasadena.
- Hollywood Patch gets to know a local, actor and acting teacher Diane Louise Salinger, in their "Hollywood Portrait" series.
- Cocktail envy: Check out a writeup of yesterday's "Most Inspired Bartender" competition.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.