This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- For reals? Good is campaigning on Facebook to make Carmageddon an annual event.
- If you take your kids to eat at any of these big chain restaurants
shame on youknow they are making "healthy" changes to their kids menus.
- Is AEG wooing the Dodgers to move Downtown?
- The Minnesota government shutdown could affect your beer drinking habits.
- More on beer: The Daily Dish has a recap of yesterday's City Hall hearing regarding the permit issue for Eagle Rock Brewery.
- The body of Mitrice Richardson was exhumed today as part of an effort by her family to uncover more information about the student's death.
- Janice Hahn won the runoff for the CA-36 seat, and already the race is off and running for those looking to fill her City Council seat.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.