This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A 26-year-old Alhambra police officer was killed when responding units collided in an intersection.
- Police are investigating an explosive found on the side of a road in Oxnard.
- A 'Militant' look at the Lotus Festival
- Baby Beckham has a name. We still think 'Golda' would have been perfect.
- The NWS has issued a flash flood warning in San Bernardino County until 8:15 p.m. tonight.
- 14 teenagers start reporting the Boyle Heights Beat.
- The Duke and Duchess departeth.
- Coheed and Cambria's bassist was arrested for holding up a Walgreens for painkillers before a gig.
- Three people were injured when a car flew off the side of the 101 in Studio City.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.