This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Granddaughter of water maestro William Mulholland, Catherine Mulholland, died today.
- In case you were wondering, or wanted to feel badly about your own paycheck, Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker tied for the highest-paid actress of last year.
- Getting Control(ler): City Councilman Dennis Zine is prepping for a 2013 run for City Controller.
- In court today in Boston, "Whitey" Bulger pleaded not guilty to 19 counts of murder.
- Looks like Eater is trying its hand at...foodie fan fiction? This seems about as necessary as filling your Pizza Hut crust with more greasy cheese.
- An L.A. judge says rocker Bret Michaels' Tony Awards performance lawsuit case should be heard in NYC, where the getting-hit-in-the-head incident took place.
- Well, alright: "Obsession of the Moment: Miniature Lap Giraffes (as seen on DirecTV commercials) from ‘Sokoblovsky Farms’ in Russia" proclaims the Daily Truffle.
- Like many Angelenos, actress Rosario Dawson is reallllllly excited for Burning Man.