LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- If you plan to catch some waves next weekend up in Castaic, know that the Sheriff's Department will be doing a BUI--Boating Under the Influence--crackdown.
- Researchers in the OC plan to collect photos of Lations in baseball.
- It's not in L.A. this year, but the Electric Daisy Carnival, out in Vegas, has a fake wristband scam on their hands.
- Michael Bay really, really, really wants people to see his latest film in 3D.
- Hundreds of people in Venice put their wheels to the road in for the Skate Parade, and may have broken a Guinness record in the process.
- Did you miss the L.A. Anarchist Book Fair? It's cool, Indy Media has the photos.
- Grape tomatoes are in their prime at our local farmers' markets, says the Daily Dish.