This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- If you plan to catch some waves next weekend up in Castaic, know that the Sheriff's Department will be doing a BUI--Boating Under the Influence--crackdown.
- Researchers in the OC plan to collect photos of Lations in baseball.
- It's not in L.A. this year, but the Electric Daisy Carnival, out in Vegas, has a fake wristband scam on their hands.
- Michael Bay really, really, really wants people to see his latest film in 3D.
- Hundreds of people in Venice put their wheels to the road in for the Skate Parade, and may have broken a Guinness record in the process.
- Did you miss the L.A. Anarchist Book Fair? It's cool, Indy Media has the photos.
- Grape tomatoes are in their prime at our local farmers' markets, says the Daily Dish.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.