This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Did you know L.A. has its very own Seed Library?
- If you like to live in homes featured as exteriors in 90s films, you might want to put an offer on the home from the "Father of the Bride," movies.
- A man walked into a Lake Forest bank today and said he had Anthrax on him. Turns out all he had was a backpack full of his own...poop.
- Tomorrow is Father's Day. The Daily Dish reminds us to fire up that BBQ!
- L.A.'s Department of Parks and Rec is considering allowing cell phone towers to go up in city parks.
- For the DIY-ers: 10 Easy Steps to Home Brewing Beer.
- A 12-year-old Temecula boy's videos of him dancing inside the Apple Store have gone viral.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.