LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Bob Hope Airport considers issuing bonds to cover $120-million in proposed construction.
- An IE 11-year-old punched his 5th grade teacher in the face and broke her nose.
- Patti LaBelle is accused ordering an attack on a guy standing too close to her luggage.
- All of Compton's 575 city employees have been sent layoff warning notices.
- In total, 29 people showed up for Yvette Vickers' memorial including a long-lost half brother.
- A short-film ode to frustration, was shot almost entirely inside an Eagle Rock sandwich shop.
- Follow the Santa Monica Airlines factory skate team as they travel to NYC.