This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Bob Hope Airport considers issuing bonds to cover $120-million in proposed construction.
- An IE 11-year-old punched his 5th grade teacher in the face and broke her nose.
- Patti LaBelle is accused ordering an attack on a guy standing too close to her luggage.
- All of Compton's 575 city employees have been sent layoff warning notices.
- In total, 29 people showed up for Yvette Vickers' memorial including a long-lost half brother.
- A short-film ode to frustration, was shot almost entirely inside an Eagle Rock sandwich shop.
- Follow the Santa Monica Airlines factory skate team as they travel to NYC.