This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Attention Royals watchers: Prince William and his new bride, Kate, will be in Los Angeles July 8-10.
- A LAPD motorcycle officer was injured in a collision in NoHo; he may have been hit by an ice cream truck in the area.
- Curious headline of the day, courtesy L.A. Now: "Equine herpes virus keeps crowds away from horse riding show."
- As National BBQ Month comes to an end, a look at some of L.A. best BBQ restaurants.
- Hackers managed to get a fake story about Tupac onto PBS's website.
- Just for fun: A functional ukulele made of Legos!
- We hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day.