Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The autopsy on the body of actor Jeff Conaway took place today, with the cause of death deferred pending the results of toxicology tests.
- Surf City is Crime City? Violent crime is up 19% in Huntington Beach.
- Facebook's mighty Mark Zuckerberg says this year his personal challenge is to only eat meat he's killed himself.
- A high-speed car chase last night through Silver Lake and Hollywood ended with a suspect arrested on suspicion of attempted carjacking.
- Ronald Reagan (the statue) is on the move again in Newport Beach.
- LA Times' Entertainment section takes a look at "Sassy" mag founder Jane Pratt's new site, xojane.com.
- Jon Hamm, who stars as Don Draper on AMC's "Mad Men," has signed on to direct the series' Season 5 premiere episode.