LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The autopsy on the body of actor Jeff Conaway took place today, with the cause of death deferred pending the results of toxicology tests.
- Surf City is Crime City? Violent crime is up 19% in Huntington Beach.
- Facebook's mighty Mark Zuckerberg says this year his personal challenge is to only eat meat he's killed himself.
- A high-speed car chase last night through Silver Lake and Hollywood ended with a suspect arrested on suspicion of attempted carjacking.
- Ronald Reagan (the statue) is on the move again in Newport Beach.
- LA Times' Entertainment section takes a look at "Sassy" mag founder Jane Pratt's new site, xojane.com.
- Jon Hamm, who stars as Don Draper on AMC's "Mad Men," has signed on to direct the series' Season 5 premiere episode.