This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Joseph Brooks, accused rapist and Academy Awarding-winning songwriter, commits suicide.
- 2500 people turn out for a low rider fundraiser at a Santa Ana Elementary School.
- California DMV is cracking down on placard fraud.
- Parking tickets leads LAPD to a North Hollywood gunman.
- Where are we going to put the narcissists?, asks the the DSM-5.
- Hot-boarding in Santa Clarita leaves one man in critical condition and another arrested for DUI.
- A $55 billion Pentagon contract could boon SoCal aerospace sector.
- "It's not gay when it's a three-way," say Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg.