This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- In Downey, a 58-year-old man dead after a hit-and-run by a white SUV.
- Johnson & Johnson got FDA approval on a new HIV drug.
- The Pope called outer space.
- Val Surf is still riding the SoCal wave.
- Danish royalty are on their way to California.
- A former basketball prodigy, now homeless, washes windows at the Mobil on Vine.
- Following the recent deaths of two instructors, a skydiver was seriously injured at the Perris Valley facility.