This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Killed by a boat, a large section of an adult whale washed ashore in San Pedro.
- The man-made reef off San Clemente has grown into a giant kelp forest.
- Is that Freedom Rock, man? Well turn it up, man.. says Library of Congress.
- An Amtrak train killed a pedestrian in Northridge.
- "Shame, shame, shame," demonstrators chanted today outside of Pink Taco.
- One person was killed, another injured when an ambulance crashed on the freeway.
- What might the home of a Silverlake-dwelling prop stylist look like? Funny you should ask.