LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Sad news for beach lovin' campers: McGrath State Beach Campground in Ventura Co. will have to close.
- A North Hills man faces animal cruelty charges after authorities found he was hoarding 100 cats at his home, including 7 dead ones in his freezer.
- It was the first day on the job, officially, today for the LAUSD's new Superintendent, John Deasy, who is probably not going to do much to make the system any better.
- Franklin Avenue's Retro Friday takes us on a couple of rides on Angels Flight in the 40s and 50s.
- Uh oh ladies! Those Brazilian Blowouts you and your luxurious mane swear by could be kinda bad for your health.
- Yo! Venice sez Yo! Lookout for bicycle thieves in the area.
- Which chicken win in a food fight between BonChon and Kyochon? Squid Ink steps into the ring to decide.