LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our fall member drive.
- The FAA has ordered that all airlines inspect their Boeing 737 aircraft for cracks or other possible damage in the wake of the recent Southwest cracked fuselage incident.
- 6th Graders at a local middle school tell the LAUSD they don't want styrofoam on their campus.
- Forgetting batting averages...where in MLB do the payrolls for the Dodgers and the Angels rank?
- DNA has linked a former Anaheim man to a 1992 cold case murder.
- Hey, young folk, better start looking for that summer job, like, now: California is home to the second highest teen jobless rate in the nation.
- Did you know that there is a volunteer police group who patrol on horseback?
- Cookie radar? Ordering via your iPad? GrubStreet explains what technological delights await diners at a new Glendale restaurant.