This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Netflix may be close to a $100M streaming deal with Miramax.
- Italy and the J. Paul Getty Museum are set to hug it out with an antiquities compromise.
- In town for a robotics competition, a New Jersey teen drowns in a Long Beach pool.
- Your new daily grind: Venice skate park is now streaming online.
- A man is accused of raping a 6-year-old girl in Boyle Heights.
- Don't freakout or anything but, um... a deadly cobra went missing at the Bronx Zoo.
- Pfizer recalls two medications for a possible label error.
- "Where's the rest of this moose?" The real Arthur died on this day in 2002.