This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Hundreds of runners were checked for hypothermia following the marathon.
- Wyclef Jean was shot in the hand in Haiti.
- Firey plane crash in Barstow kills three people.
- The body of a 25-year-old man washed ashore a Ventura beach on Sunday.
- Police seek a BMW driver in the hit-and-run accident that killed a motorcyclist in West LA.
- 80 year old woman and grandson rescued after 9 days trapped under rubble in Japan
- USC biologists are overseeing the composting of sardines from Redondo Beach harbor.
- Gas prices jumped another seven cents in the past two weeks.