Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- It was inevitable: "Law & Order: Los Angeles" will do an upcoming episode based on the Ronni Chasen murder. In the TV version, the victim is a stylist, though, and not a publicist.
- Hey, are you ready for the SUPERMOON?!
- Initially predicted to be closed for a couple of years, the road to Big Bear could re-open as soon as two weeks from now.
- The Huffington Post defends its use of free non-professional blogging labor.
- Authorities in Torrance are looking for a male suspect who exposed himself near a local elementary school.
- LAUSD students staged a walkout today in order to protest teacher layoffs.
- The Komodo Food Truck joins the ranks of the mobile eateries that have gone brick-and-mortar, and have soft-opened their Pico-Robertson restaurant.