This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- It was inevitable: "Law & Order: Los Angeles" will do an upcoming episode based on the Ronni Chasen murder. In the TV version, the victim is a stylist, though, and not a publicist.
- Hey, are you ready for the SUPERMOON?!
- Initially predicted to be closed for a couple of years, the road to Big Bear could re-open as soon as two weeks from now.
- The Huffington Post defends its use of free non-professional blogging labor.
- Authorities in Torrance are looking for a male suspect who exposed himself near a local elementary school.
- LAUSD students staged a walkout today in order to protest teacher layoffs.
- The Komodo Food Truck joins the ranks of the mobile eateries that have gone brick-and-mortar, and have soft-opened their Pico-Robertson restaurant.