LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- It's World Poopin' Day. Really really really it is.
- An intoxicated man was killed crossing the 101 near the Hollywood Bowl.
- Local officials went on a municipal-bond selling spree to the tune of $700 million.
- LAFD asks... Are we ready for THE BIG ONE?
- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea remain closed. Humanitarian aid is given to stranded visitors.
- The lost hiker who spent the night in Silverado Canyon was rescued by helicopter.
- 160 possibly exposed to radiation, 180,000 evacuated in Japan. Death toll is now over 10,000.
- Opposition to carpool toll lane fears a two-tier transportation system for rich and poor.
- Near the Gold Line in Pasadena a man was beaten and robbed.