Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- It's World Poopin' Day. Really really really it is.
- An intoxicated man was killed crossing the 101 near the Hollywood Bowl.
- Local officials went on a municipal-bond selling spree to the tune of $700 million.
- LAFD asks... Are we ready for THE BIG ONE?
- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea remain closed. Humanitarian aid is given to stranded visitors.
- The lost hiker who spent the night in Silverado Canyon was rescued by helicopter.
- 160 possibly exposed to radiation, 180,000 evacuated in Japan. Death toll is now over 10,000.
- Opposition to carpool toll lane fears a two-tier transportation system for rich and poor.
- Near the Gold Line in Pasadena a man was beaten and robbed.