This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Systems failed at another nuclear reactor on Japan's coast. Leaking radiation or meltdown is a threat.
- West Coast Tsunami advisory cancelled as CA tallies the coastal damage at $50 million.
- A naked woman was Tased in Burbank after attacking police officers.
- Electric cars owners are patting themselves on the back.
- Seven "massage" parlors, three marijuana dispensaries and a pizza parlor in a pear tree.
- An identical twin goes back to Torrance for details about the death of his brother at age 8.
- The legendary Sahara Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to close in May.
- Even people who smash watermelons for a job can have heart attacks.
Michael John Mammone, 58, was riding his bicycle Wednesday along Pacific Coast Highway in Dana Point when he was assaulted.
Please don't hurt yourself.
Anthony Lowe was shot and killed by Huntington Park police on Jan. 26. 'Thank goodness that we’re in the era of videos,' said the family attorney as they file a federal civil rights lawsuit
The mountain lion's death comes about a month after the beloved P-22 was euthanized.
With two hikers still missing — one the well-known actor Julian Sands — expert mountaineers say the usual scarcity of snow in the L.A.-area makes it especially hard to get enough experience to safely venture out in harsh conditions.
But Yeoh is the first to publicly identify as Asian. We take a look at Oberon's complicated path in Hollywood.