This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Remember how Charlie Sheenwas rushed to the hospital this morning? Turns out it was for a hernia.
- Cruise ships are cruising right past Mazatlan because of crime.
- WeHo Patch checks in with Book Soup, and finds the store "alive and well" two years after its owner's death.
- He's said it once, and he's saying it again: Phil Jackson is not returning to coach the Lakers next year.
- Hermosa Beach could soon ban smoking on outdoor patios.
- Learn how FIG & Garcia Farms are teaching at-risk teens about nutrition and local produce.
- Some day, there'll be a law against pretty much anything. MyFoxLA asks: "Should Texting and Walking Be Illegal?"
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.