LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Remember how Charlie Sheen was rushed to the hospital this morning? Turns out it was for a hernia.
- Cruise ships are cruising right past Mazatlan because of crime.
- WeHo Patch checks in with Book Soup, and finds the store "alive and well" two years after its owner's death.
- He's said it once, and he's saying it again: Phil Jackson is not returning to coach the Lakers next year.
- Hermosa Beach could soon ban smoking on outdoor patios.
- Learn how FIG & Garcia Farms are teaching at-risk teens about nutrition and local produce.
- Some day, there'll be a law against pretty much anything. MyFoxLA asks: "Should Texting and Walking Be Illegal?"