LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Sometimes they happen...sometimes they don't: The LA City Council meeting was canceled today when several councilmembers didn't show up on time.
- A San Diego woman has been sentenced to two years for scratching babies.
- When “green” doesn’t mean money: Huntington Beach’s first “green” house has been seized by the bank.
- The winner of the most recent season of "Hell's Kitchen" started her job today at LA Market.
- Authorities in Riverside wrangled a 5-foot-long lizard.
- Eeew: A Sylmar woman says she found a maggot in her bucket of KFC chicken.
- Headline of the day, courtesy Beverly Hills Patch (and yes, it's exactly the kind of shrubbery you're thinking): "The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing Bush."