Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The Octomom's doc could still lose his license, although a judge recommends just five years' probation.
- Californians could be hearing IOU from the state if spending doesn't slow down.
- Say what, now? "Man arrested on suspicion of hitting grandma with bat," in Santa Ana says the OC Register.
- A HuffPo writer gets in some Foodie Time in L.A.
- The Daily News wonders: "Are you holding a Mega Millions lottery ticket worth nearly $200,000? You have only 8 days left to get your money." Well, are you?
- Altadena Patch has a video from the installation of the Franklin Elementary School's new garden. Way to grow, guys!
- Check out the LA Times' new "Reading LA" project! We've read a few of those...and are pretty pleased with their picks.