LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The Octomom's doc could still lose his license, although a judge recommends just five years' probation.
- Californians could be hearing IOU from the state if spending doesn't slow down.
- Say what, now? "Man arrested on suspicion of hitting grandma with bat," in Santa Ana says the OC Register.
- A HuffPo writer gets in some Foodie Time in L.A.
- The Daily News wonders: "Are you holding a Mega Millions lottery ticket worth nearly $200,000? You have only 8 days left to get your money." Well, are you?
- Altadena Patch has a video from the installation of the Franklin Elementary School's new garden. Way to grow, guys!
- Check out the LA Times' new "Reading LA" project! We've read a few of those...and are pretty pleased with their picks.