This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The Octomom's doc could still lose his license, although a judge recommends just five years' probation.
- Californians could be hearing IOU from the state if spending doesn't slow down.
- Say what, now? "Man arrested on suspicion of hitting grandma with bat," in Santa Ana says the OC Register.
- A HuffPo writer gets in some Foodie Time in L.A.
- The Daily News wonders: "Are you holding a Mega Millions lottery ticket worth nearly $200,000? You have only 8 days left to get your money." Well, are you?
- Altadena Patch has a video from the installation of the Franklin Elementary School's new garden. Way to grow, guys!
- Check out the LA Times' new "Reading LA" project! We've read a few of those...and are pretty pleased with their picks.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.