LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- "A staffer with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's gang-reduction office was arrested early Sunday after authorities said she assaulted a police officer who had responded to a report of a fight at a downtown club," says LA Now.
- From the "Really? Who knew?!" files comes "A who's who of celebrities buried in San Bernardino."
- Regis Philbin, and local media outlets KFI, KNX, KNBC, and KTTV were among those honored at last night's Golden Mike Awards.
- Will director Orson Welles unseen, unedited, and vault-stored 1972 film be brought to light?
- An OC surfer was seriously injured today in heavy surf and "rogue waves" that cropped up in Half Moon Bay.
- A man was fatally stabbed early this morning at a birthday party in Pico Rivera.
- Headline (and "No effing way" moment) of the day, courtesy ABC7: "Justin Bieber wants to attract older crowd."