LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Another day, another school lockdown. This one at a Hemet elementary school.
- Another day, another 17-year-old with a gun at an L.A. school. This one in Compton.
- Non-gun news: that Echo Park craftsman finally got moved.
- The "Shutter Island" meat thermometer stabber (that's right) gets 40 years in prison.
- Survey says: we have illegal texting tendencies.
- Pot dispensaries "boldly reopen" so city council votes to halt your mellow progress.
- Last Hired, First Fired goes bye-bye at LAUSD.
- Remember the too-loud restaurant discussion? Seems Mas Malo is loudest of all.