Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Another day, another school lockdown. This one at a Hemet elementary school.
- Another day, another 17-year-old with a gun at an L.A. school. This one in Compton.
- Non-gun news: that Echo Park craftsman finally got moved.
- The "Shutter Island" meat thermometer stabber (that's right) gets 40 years in prison.
- Survey says: we have illegal texting tendencies.
- Pot dispensaries "boldly reopen" so city council votes to halt your mellow progress.
- Last Hired, First Fired goes bye-bye at LAUSD.
- Remember the too-loud restaurant discussion? Seems Mas Malo is loudest of all.