Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Graffiti in Santa Ana threatens the murder of Governor Jerry Brown.
- A San Bernardino man who moved in with his elderly mother to keep her safe was found murdered in the home they share.
- Prosecutors say they won't file charges against the students who helped out the Gardena High teen who accidentally fired a loaded gun in his classroom.
- Question of the day, via KCET's SoCal Focus: "Is N.W.A.'s 'Straight Outta Compton' an Accurate Historical Social Commentary of that City?"
- Squid Ink dissects The Feast's list of The Top 20 Most "Liked" Chefs on Facebook.
- LA Ink star and tattooist Kat Von D and ex-Mr. Sandra Bullock Jesse James (yep, that guy) have announced their engagement.
- Have you noticed that your Gmail account has been running really slowly and sluggishly lately? (We have, grrr!) What gives, Gmail?