LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Graffiti in Santa Ana threatens the murder of Governor Jerry Brown.
- A San Bernardino man who moved in with his elderly mother to keep her safe was found murdered in the home they share.
- Prosecutors say they won't file charges against the students who helped out the Gardena High teen who accidentally fired a loaded gun in his classroom.
- Question of the day, via KCET's SoCal Focus: "Is N.W.A.'s 'Straight Outta Compton' an Accurate Historical Social Commentary of that City?"
- Squid Ink dissects The Feast's list of The Top 20 Most "Liked" Chefs on Facebook.
- LA Ink star and tattooist Kat Von D and ex-Mr. Sandra Bullock Jesse James (yep, that guy) have announced their engagement.
- Have you noticed that your Gmail account has been running really slowly and sluggishly lately? (We have, grrr!) What gives, Gmail?