This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Another not-at-a-school but near-a-school shooting this afternoon, this time in Bell, where a student was shot in the side at a burger joint.
- The car tied to a state-wide Amber Alert issued earlier today may have been abandoned in a canal.
- Feel attached to a particular street in Sierra Madre? You could buy its old street sign.
- City Councilman Bill Rosendahl will undergo surgery tomorrow to have a "Watchman" device implanted in his heart to help monitor his atrial fibrillation.
- An 8-year-old Westminster boy was struck and killed while riding his bike to school.
- Ever ridden the bus to LAX? Learn a bit about the route's history.
- Informative article of the day, courtesy Apartment Therapy: "How To Clean Your Toilet."
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.