LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A state assemblyman has introduced a bill that "would make it illegal for California residents to openly carry an unloaded firearm in public," says Monrovia Patch.
- Vintage maps geeks: Check out this 1908 rail map of LA.
- Are soundstages the way to go for redeveloping the long-stagnant Laurel Plaza in North Hollywood?
- A 61-year-old man died this weekend off Santa Catalina Island during a certification dive with his instructor.
- It was bound to happen: Meet the cool kids of "Hipster Shore."
- Maybe a "cargo rail pipeline" is the solution to the 710 Freeway extension dilemma.
- Were you in Los Angeles 17 years ago today? If so, you might have remembered things were pretty shaky around here that morning...