This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Two cruise ships leave Los Angeles, never to return.
- An elderly woman was fatally stabbed at a residence near Exposition Park.
- A missing 3-year-old Long Beach boy was found safe.
- Lifehacker encourages you to repurpose a beer cozy and save your shower from rust rings.
- Here are some ways to not get eaten by a shark.
- Little Bangladesh is now an official, five-block neighborhood near 3rd St. and Alexandria.
- Miss America hates Wikileaks.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.