This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Police are searching for an abducted 3-year-old in Long Beach.
- Three people died and seven were injured in a multi-car crash on PCH in Newport Beach.
- There were no signs of foul play in the case of man found floating in Santa Ana River.
- The Coachella lineup will reportedly be announced at 5PM on Tuesday on KROQ.
- This has not stopped people from guessing what the posterwill look like.
- Surfer babes and bikini bods hit the beaches of Orange County today. Horray for
- A new UCLA study explains why coffee can keep you from getting Type 2 diabetes.
- On the occasion of National Hat Day, here are TV's 5 Manliest Hats.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.