This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The midnight move of an Echo Park Craftsman house was postponed.
- Keep it classy, Anaheim residents: A man was running a meth lab out of his 87-year-old aunt's house.
- Arcadia Patch has exclusive video taken from one of the protesters who climbed one of the trees slated for bulldozing today.
- The official word is it will be one year until storm-damaged Highway 330 re-opens.
- Ronald Reagan will be honored with a statue, but not the whole park, in Newport Beach.
- Looks like Ortolan, a fine dining restaurant that almost made it to a 6-year anniversary, is closed for good.
- Check out the LA Times' tidy recap of their series that has them digging in at community gardens all over town.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.