This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Authorities bring the pain to a local medical insurance fraud ring.
- Does surviving Los Angeles translate to Survivor Nicaragua
- The man accused of stealing a $3000 bulldog may be tied to other doggie thefts.
- Thirsty??? Not for long.
- Veggies may reduce your risk of death by 1/3.
- Two men were arrested at LAX for smuggling 55 endangered turtles in snack food boxes.
- Tom DeLay gets three years in jail for money laundering and conspiracy.
- Life imitating reality imitating Showtime imitating the BBC.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.