Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Look out! Or avert your eyes! Sunday is the annual Global No Pants Subway Ride.
- The Rent will go un-played at a Monrovia High School, but the drama teacher won't quit.
- Elsewhere in Monrovia, Patch had a chat with the owner of one long-running local business, The Wizard of Bras.
- Oops: Cal State LA mistakenly told 500 students they out for the Winter Quarter.
- The homicide rate in the OC is down; they had the fewest in 10 years in 2010.
- The LAUSD is going to pick their new Superintendent next week, and are expected to confirm John Deasy into retiring Ramon Cortines post as top dog in the district.
- Although Union Station was just bought by a Texan company, Metro is in talks to buy the historic property.
- LA's Umami Burger is the "Burger of the Year," and soon other burger lovers in other cities will get to find out for themselves.