LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Look out! Or avert your eyes! Sunday is the annual Global No Pants Subway Ride.
- The Rent will go un-played at a Monrovia High School, but the drama teacher won't quit.
- Elsewhere in Monrovia, Patch had a chat with the owner of one long-running local business, The Wizard of Bras.
- Oops: Cal State LA mistakenly told 500 students they out for the Winter Quarter.
- The homicide rate in the OC is down; they had the fewest in 10 years in 2010.
- The LAUSD is going to pick their new Superintendent next week, and are expected to confirm John Deasy into retiring Ramon Cortines post as top dog in the district.
- Although Union Station was just bought by a Texan company, Metro is in talks to buy the historic property.
- LA's Umami Burger is the "Burger of the Year," and soon other burger lovers in other cities will get to find out for themselves.