This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Look out! Or avert your eyes! Sunday is the annual Global No Pants Subway Ride.
- The Rent will go un-played at a Monrovia High School, but the drama teacher won't quit.
- Elsewhere in Monrovia, Patch had a chat with the owner of one long-running local business, The Wizard of Bras.
- Oops: Cal State LA mistakenly told 500 students they out for the Winter Quarter.
- The homicide rate in the OC is down; they had the fewest in 10 years in 2010.
- The LAUSD is going to pick their new Superintendent next week, and are expected to confirm John Deasy into retiring Ramon Cortines post as top dog in the district.
- Although Union Station was just bought by a Texan company, Metro is in talks to buy the historic property.
- LA's Umami Burger is the "Burger of the Year," and soon other burger lovers in other cities will get to find out for themselves.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.