LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The LAPD are on the hunt for a man they say is a dangerous sex offender who tore off his monitoring device.
- A pedestrian was struck and killed today by the Vermont offramp of the 105 Freeway.
- Customs officers at LAX found a "destructive beetle" inside a rice shipment.
- Will the Sprouts chain of markets take over OC-based Henry's Farmers' Markets stores?
- A WeHo Patch blogger "sounds off" about the late night party people noise in the 'hood.
- Now you don't have to go to Catalina Island to get drunk on Buffalo Milk. (Pssst, it's not milk from a buffalo, it's boozy.)
- Laguna Beach is getting plugged in, thanks to a new electric car-charging station.
- Feel like the 818 is always getting left out of "where to eat" guides? Check out this (East Valley-centric) roundup of local restaurants.