LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The LAPD are on the hunt for a man they say is a dangerous sex offender who tore off his monitoring device.
- A pedestrian was struck and killed today by the Vermont offramp of the 105 Freeway.
- Customs officers at LAX found a "destructive beetle" inside a rice shipment.
- Will the Sprouts chain of markets take over OC-based Henry's Farmers' Markets stores?
- A WeHo Patch blogger "sounds off" about the late night party people noise in the 'hood.
- Now you don't have to go to Catalina Island to get drunk on Buffalo Milk. (Pssst, it's not milk from a buffalo, it's boozy.)
- Laguna Beach is getting plugged in, thanks to a new electric car-charging station.
- Feel like the 818 is always getting left out of "where to eat" guides? Check out this (East Valley-centric) roundup of local restaurants.